MEMBERS: CENTRAL AFRICAN STATES DEVELOPMENT BANK (BDEAC)
Established by the Agreement of December 3rd 1975, the Central African States Development Bank (BDEAC) is the development financing arm for the Central Africa Economic and Monetary community (CEMAC), which includes the states of Cameroon, Central Africa, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Chad. It is an International Financial Institution endowed with a full legal status and financial autonomy.
The Bank's mission is to promote economic and social development of the member States of the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) particularly through mobilizing financial resources in order to fund national and multinational projects contributing to the economic integration of the area, and promoting private sector development.
In the current financial landscape of the Central Africa region, BDEAC positions itself as an international development financing institution that mainly promotes investments in major infrastructure or agricultural programs and projects as well as private sector development. Also, at the local level BDEAC positions itself a strategic partner for national financial institutions which mainly offer financing oriented to covering short-term requirements.
Some of BDEAC's accomplishments in the last three years include the following:
- Renewal of ASECNA's Services and Equipment Program (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, and Gabon)
- Renovation of LIMBE Naval Base (Cameroon)
- Technical Assistance and grant of line of credit to Credit du Sahel (Cameroon)
- Extension of HEVECAM's agricultural complex (Cameroon)
- Extension of AES SONEL Power Production and Distribution Network Capacity (Cameroon)
- Expansion of BIOPHARMA Laboratories (Cameroon)
- Extension of TELECEL's wireless network (Central African Republican )
- Construction of MUCODEC offices (Congo)
- Construction of 10 regional airports (Gabon)
- Construction of 32 upscale residential apartments in Libreville known as "LES NENUPHARS du GABON II)
- Extension of Celtel's wireless network in Chad
- Expansion of the industrial complex of Coton Chad
In the near future the Bank is poised to fund the following projects:
- Renovation of Hilton MBAMOU Palace in Brazzaville (Congo)
- Expansion of the seaport of Pointe Noire (Congo)
- Construction of a hydroelectric dam in MEMVELEE (Cameroon)
- Construction of MARRIOTT Hotel in Douala (Cameroon)
- Construction of Commercial Bank of Chad headquarters known as "Mont EMIKOUSSI" (Chad)
For more information please visit: www.bdeac.org